1. Wear comfortable shoes – Likely the expos you choose to attend will have hundreds of vendors, all who will have interesting information for you, so be prepared to do lots of walking, standing, and talking.
2. Print information labels – Just about every vendor will request your information, and you’ll want to give it to them. After all, you’re attending the expo to meet vendors and decide with whom you want to connect with later. By creating information labels you’ll save a ton of time by not having to fill out a form at every booth. Your labels should include: Name, Wedding Date, location, address, and email.
3. Create a Wedding Only email – This is a great way to keep your normal every day emails separate from the advertisements and information you’ll be getting regarding your wedding. You can use any email service such as gmail, yahoo, or ymail.
4. Research and prepare – Check out the exhibitors section of the wedding expo website to find out what vendors will be in attendance and determine those with whom you definitely want to meet. You should also craft a few key questions to ask your chosen vendors such as, availability on your wedding date, pricing, and consulation pricing (if applicable).
5. Bring your calendar – During an expo you will have an opportunity to set up follow-up consultations with vendors that you are most interested in. You will also be informed of other upcoming open houses and information sessions by specific vendors, so make sure your calendar is accurate and ready for additional appointments.
6. Be open minded – Prior to attending an expo you’ve likely thought about what you would like to have at your wedding, but once at the expo you may find better alternatives or that what you thought you wanted isn’t easily available on your date. Not to worry, there is never just one option during the wedding planning process, so stay calm and stress free!
7. Once you get home, you’ll have a bag full of goodies and more information than you know what to do with. Unfortunately you’ll want to look at everything and separate information you want to follow-up with, and the stuff you’re not interested in. Make sure to contact your preferred vendors immediately to get additional information and book dates.
Lastly, have fun and enjoy the expo!~ Ciao